Monday 21 February 2011

The Strangers Outside - Vanessa Morgan


Kindle Edition

Published September 6th 2010

Two sisters, Jennifer and Louise, return to their remote holiday cabin after a day at the seaside. But little do they know they're being surrounded. Shortly after their arrival, the girls will come face to face with THE STRANGERS OUTSIDE. When the assailants make their intentions known, things take a shockingly terrible turn and an intense battle for survival will begin.


 
What a thrilling, chilling horror novel! Though small in size, this novel really does hit hard!
 
The Strangers Outside is all about two girls - sisters, on holiday. However shortly there, they discover that hooded figures are watching them. Morgan described them in such a way which sent shivers down my spine! This book was seriously creepy!
 
I especially loved the way she created the two sisters. Both were complete opposites, yet very alike. I would have liked a little more development with the characters, however I understand that this is only meant to be a short story.
 
The setting was perfect too. It was completely realistic which I loved, as it bought that sense of danger in the real world which added to the creepy-ness, and felt like the strangers  could be watching anyone - even YOU. *Points finger dramatically*
 
The ending was really shocking, and quite gory, and I shuddered while reading it! However I thought that Louise could have shown a little more emotion...
 
This was a really awesome short read, and I suggest fans of horror should really read this one. Many reviews have described Vanessa Morgan as a female Stephan King, and though not having read any of his works, by the sounds of things I couldn't agree more!
 
3.5/5 -- This was a seriously cool book so don't let this rating put you off. I only gave this book that rating as it was very short and lacked the details a normal long book needs, however all in all. GREAT!
 
But wait, that's not all...
 
Vanessa kindly bought to my attention this creepy movie adaption of the book. It is so cool, you HAVE to watch it! 
 


3 comments:

  1. Nice review. Horror isn't my taste really because I get scared to easily (and nightmares are common, too).

    Great job! :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good book to pick up and try (if I'm brave enough)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review... The good thing about few details is your imagination can do what it wants then!

    ReplyDelete

I love to recieve comments and If you drop me a link I will check out your Blog :)