Thursday 14 April 2011

Paper Towns - John Green


Hardcover, 305 pages

Published October 16th 2008 by Dutton Juvenile



When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin Jacobsen in the middle of the night—dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows her. Margo’s always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she’s always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q . . . until day breaks and she has vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues. And they’re for Q.

What a great realistic fiction novel. Truly, it was brilliant!
First of all, please don't let the blurb put you off. It sounds really weird and confusing.

John Green has such a captivating and I don't know, READABLE writing style. It's really hard to describe, but his writing is crisp and exciting. He has a way of producing perhaps the nost realistic characters I have read about. Margo deals with a whole lot of crap, and she rebels. Q's friends are nerds but hey, that's life. You find all of these things in the world.

The story line was entwined around morals and I loved this. Although this novel appeared black and white, it is so much more than that. It is about hope and forgiveness, and self discovery. It's just so real.

The description in this book was wonderful. At times I did wish the pace would pick up, however now having fully read it, I can completley understand why it didn't.

I cannot wait to check out more of John Greens books, any suggestions?

4/5

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I've heard 'Looking For Alaska' and 'An Abundance of Katherines' are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastic!! She just disappears and he has to find her? WIN. Adding it to my TBR list now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Green is one of my all-time favorite authors. All of his books are great ('An Abundance of Katherines' and 'Looking for Alaska,' though they are very different from each other). I have yet to read 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson,' but I've heard awesome things about this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book. Words can't actually describe how much I loved this book! Any of John Greens books are good and just as real as this. If you want a book that is 'real', I would pick up Jerk, California by Jonathan Friesen.. I believe. I don't know why I think of Jerk, California when I think of Paper Towns, I just do. Lol. Maybe because I read them at the same time? :D

    Aryelle @ ReadingwiththeFishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear Looking for Alaska is great by John Green. I've read Will Grayson, Will Grayson and liked that a lot. This author has a lot of fans and seems like a good one to start reading.
    You made Paper Towns sound really intriguing. Glad you enjoyed it- I'll have to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liddy! I wanted to give you a blog award. Please come by my site to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paper Towns was amazing. I'm glad you liked it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard LOOKING FOR ALASKA is really good, but I haven't read it myself yet. Ditto AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES.

    Thanks for doing the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love to recieve comments and If you drop me a link I will check out your Blog :)