Wednesday 20 April 2011

Slice of Cherry - Dia Reeves


Kit and Fancy Cordelle are sisters of the best kind: best friends, best confidantes, and best accomplices. The daughters of the infamous Bonesaw Killer, Kit and Fancy are used to feeling like outsiders, and that’s just the way they like it. But in Portero, where the weird and wild run rampant, the Cordelle sisters are hardly the oddest or most dangerous creatures around.


It’s no surprise when Kit and Fancy start to give in to their deepest desire—the desire to kill. What starts as a fascination with slicing open and stitching up quickly spirals into a gratifying murder spree. Of course, the sisters aren’t killing just anyone, only the people who truly deserve it. But the girls have learned from the mistakes of their father, and know that a shred of evidence could get them caught. So when Fancy stumbles upon a mysterious and invisible doorway to another world, she opens a door to endless possibilities….

This was probably one of the weirdest books I have ever read. Weird isn't always a bad thing though, I actually really enjoyed this!


The majority of this book was about murdering people. I know that seems very alarming, and for some people, they'll make sure to never read this book, but don't let this put you off. Dia Reeves is very clever in the way she handles these sorts of things, and sure, it is still rather gruesome, but not heavy. Am I making sense? If you look beyond the murdering, hidden to me, I thought, was a story of self discovery.


Kit and Fancy were very likeable characters, and I loved to see how the sisters close relationship developed throughout the book. They were also very quirky characters, much like the writing, but this just made it even more of an interesting book to read about. I found it funny how the girls were so nonchalant about killing people, like it really wan't that big of a deal. Their 'love' interests were also very likeable, with lots of depth and qualities to them.


This book was full of vivid detail, which added so much more atmosphere to the setting. Characters were also described in lots of detail, so you felt as if you knew them as a person, from the way they dressed, to the activities they liked, even what the personalities were.


Dia Reeves has a wild imagintion, and I loved to explore it. Although this is a book which I most definitely
can say not everyone will enjoy, those who do will be pleasantly suprised with this whirlwind of a book.

4/5

3 comments:

  1. I have Bleeding Violet in my pile but have yet to read it .. After reading your review I really want to read something by Dia Reeves =) !! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting! Loved your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks so interesting! I loved your review.

    ReplyDelete

I love to recieve comments and If you drop me a link I will check out your Blog :)