Sunday 15 May 2011

Need - Carrie Jones


Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.


She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

** This review isn't very specific since I read this book quite awhile ago. Sorry!**

I had really high expectations for this book, since it seemed to get many great reviews, and was about pixies! Unfortunately I was a little let down.

I found Zara quite a nice character. She was fun to read about, however I found her phobia thing a little strange, and how she always talked about her different phobias got a tad annoying after awhile. She very much reminded me of Bella too, Though she wasn't so dependant on always being rescued.

The two boys in this book were my favorite characters. They were funny, and both of them had strong personalities. They were also both fighting for Zara, which also reminded me of twilight due to the love triangle.

Carrie Jones did an amazing job of setting the scene, I could imagine Maine like I was watching a movie! Her descriptive writing was melodic and beautiful. Her description of the pixies also made them seem very mysterious, and pretty wicked, actually.

For me, this book was just way too simular to twilight. I know she probably didn't mean it to be that way, though. Zara even recieved a car upon arrival from her grandma, just like Bella did. There was a love triangle, which developed furthur, but I'm not going to say how because I don't want to spoil it. Though the pixie side was pretty awesome, this book could of been better, in my opinion. I still really want to carry on with the series though.

1 comment:

  1. It's a pity you didn't really enjoy it, I am looking forward to reading it though anyway!

    ReplyDelete

I love to recieve comments and If you drop me a link I will check out your Blog :)