Thursday 30 December 2010

Top 10 Best Covers of 2010.

Ok so as, I haven't been around for a while and since 2010 is nearly at it's end, I thought I would share with you my top 10 favorite covers. In no particular order...


Of course. I had to feature Forgive My Fins. I just love the colours on this cover, they all match together so well, and remind you of the sea which I guess for this novel, is a good thing! I also love her lips and eyes beacuse they have been smoothered in this turquoise colour and I think it makes her look like  beautiful a mermaid. And her hair is also gorgeous. Everything on this cover is perfection. LOVE.


I actually choose this cover for my weekly 'Cover Crazy' meme, and well, I think it's pretty self explanatory why. She just looks so elegant and effortless. Her dress and hair are floating in the water, which for me, adds to the overall effect. I love the way they have done the water too. The light shining down makes it look like shes reaching for something out of her grasp. Powerful.


Ahh, I love this cover, it's just so... cute!
I think the whole idea of her different reflection in the water matches the premise of the book. I love the way they have made her look like a typical schoolgirl in real life but then a witch on her reflection. I just think it's been cleverly thought out. The colours are pretty bright too!

 

I'm fairly sure you will find this cover on nearly everyones top 10 covers. It is simply gorgeous. All the decor around the edge gives it that edgy icy feel to this book, aswell as the pale girl on the front. It all just looks like a winter wonderland if you see what I mean. I just love the whole colour scheme, everything on this cover just lures you into this magical adventure.


Again, this one is pretty much a given. Everyone was absolutely raving about this cover, and well, look.
I think the fact that they have prodcued an eerie dark cover andds to the whole mystery. It almost looks like she is in despair? Everything about this cover ticks every single box.



*Giggles* Isn't this cover like, the cutest thing you have ever seen? I adore the way they have incorporated the title into the street signs. I don't quite know how to describe what it is with this cover. It just looks like a cute romance, you know, kissing under the think blanket of white snow, with the snowflakes falling on your eyelashes? I know that sounded really lame, but It's just what I visulise.


This  cover very much reminded me of Dash and Lilys book of Dares or is it just me? I love the whole snowy scene on this cover and the fact that it's looking between two trees. I'm not sure what the girl is doing, I belive she is running? Anyway, I just love all of the colours on this cover and the border around the title. For me, this ones a favorite.
I actually fell in love with this cover when I first saw it, and the reason being is probably the whole normality of it all. It's refreshing. I really makes you feel in a cheery summery mood. I love the blue sky, the crashing waves, the footprints in the sand, everything. The theme of orange, also goes really well and keeps the cover bright. She also looks so graceful with her wrap arpund trailing in the wind.
The simplicity of this cover is what really catches my eye, aswell as the striking lime green colour against the faded grey backdrop. I think it's the vivid colour green what does it for me. Also I think the cover matches the story. She looks like shes trying to burst out of a bubble, like trying to burst out of societies rules and regulations in life. I adore this cover.

And last, but by no means least, Nightsahdes cover. Nightsahdes cover. Everyone knows about this one I know, but I couldn't help but put it on my list. :D I think the main reason I love it so, is beacause of all of the purple used as purple is one of my favorite colours! I love everything, on this cover. The flowers are so pretty, and I adore her wispy puple hair, (where can I get some!?) Her piercing eyes look great too. I'm not sure if you can see, but on the 't' they have added some blood trickling down, which I think is pretty neat. This cover really takes your breathe away and I think that they did a FANTASTIC job producing it! Also, I hear it has 'ruffley pages!!


So those were my favorite covers of 2010, what were yours?
Comment telling me what'cha think!
P.S If anyone knows how to have a picture without a border around it, please tell me, I would really appreciate it! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to recieve comments and If you drop me a link I will check out your Blog :)